Bring families and the community together to help our children reach their full potential.
Who We are
The St. James-Assiniboia Parent Child Coalition brings together community resources to promote and support programs and activities for families with children birth thru 6 yrs of age. Recognizing that parents are the first and most important teacher in a child’s life, all Coalition activities promote parent and child participation. Our goal is to help promote the best possible outcomes for our children. We are one of 26 Coalitions funded province-wide by Healthy Child Manitoba.
Community partners share our vision to support healthy children, families and communities. They enrich and extend programming for families and we are grateful for their dedication and generous contributions of building space, staffing, and other essential resources.
St. James Assiniboia School Division
St. James-Assiniobia 55+ Centre
New Immigrant Settlement Workers St. James-Assiniboia
Westwood Community Church
YMCA YWCA West Portage Branch
Heritage Park Temple
Messiah Lutheran Church
Bourkevale Community Centre
Deer Lodge Community Club
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Parent Child Coalitions support existing community programs for families with young children and develop new initiatives that reflect each community’s diversity and strengths.
The St. James-Assiniboia Parent Child Coalition strives to build healthy child development through the following priorities:
- Positive Parenting:
- Activities to support and enhance parents’ ability to nurture the healthy development of their young children.
- Nutrition and Physical Health:
- Activities to promote healthy lifestyles through education and community supports.
- Learning and Literacy:
- Activities to support the learning success of children through opportunities to improve family literacy and participate in quality early childhood experiences.
- Community Capacity-Building:
- Activities to build community capacity through leadership opportunities, volunteering and community service.